Selected Works. English edition
This visitors’ guide contains a brief history of the Galleria Sabauda and a selection of seventy-five highlights from the eight hundred works on display in this famous Italian museum.
Established by Charles Albert in 1832, the Galleria originally housed the collections from Palazzo Reale in Turin, the Savoy-Carignano art collection and that of Palazzo Durazzo in Genoa.
Acquisitions and donations were added throughout the nineteenth century.
In 1860 the Galleria was handed over to the State by Victor Emmanuel II and in 1865 it was moved to the second floor of Palazzo dell’Accademia delle Scienze.
The guide consists of eight sections, devoted to fourteenth to sixteenth-century Piedmontese and Italian Schools, the Flemish Primitives, the picture gallery that formerly
belonged to Prince Eugene, the Flemish and Dutch
Collections, three other dynastic galleries from Emmanuel Philibert to Charles Felix.
The last section presents the collection donated by
Riccardo Gualino in 1930.
A cura di
: Carla Enrica Spantigati, Paola Astrua e Anna Maria Bava
: 12 x 22 cm
: 75 col.
: Simon Turner
sconto 50% € 7,50
Aggiungi al carrello